Westlander, is a sailing barge built in Holland in 1913. This type of boat, used in the Dutch canals to transport goods like flowers, is the perfect vehicle for these waters. When there was no wind, in Holland, the boat was driven by a horse on each bank. It doesn’t have a central keel, but it does have two lateral ones, which stabilize the vessel and makes it easy to come alongside.
The vessel is 17 metres long, 3.10 metres wide, 90 square metres of sail, with a 12 metre mast and a draft of 50 cm.
It was later transformed at home and now sails with whoever loves adventures, a sailing boat that remembers pirates. The experience of moving under sail is a classic.
The possibilities on the boat are without end – trips with snacks on board, lunches, romantic dinners, birthday parties, weddings (whether on the boat or in the restaurant, the marriages are always without end – a good bet!).
- 2 hours with guided tour, snacks and drinks on board 20 € per person
- 2 hours with guided tour and appetizer + meal à la carte € 40
- Schedules for individual tours:
- Winter - Saturdays and holidays: 11:00 and 15:00
- Summer - every day: 17:00
Tours for groups(min. 8 people):
- 45 minutes € 5 per person (Min. 25 people)
- 1 hour 10 € per person
- 2 hours with no tour aperitif € 15 per person
- 2 hours with guided tour and meal at the restaurant (menu # 1) 30 € per person
- 2 hours with guided tour and appetizer + meal at the restaurant (menu #1) 35 € per person
- 2 hours with guided tour and appetizer + meal at the restaurant (menu #2) 40 € per person
- 4 hours with guided tour and full picnic € 40
- 8 hours tour with appetizers or picnic lunch at a riverside restaurant € 70 per person
- Sailboat rental with 6.45 meters with capacity for 5 persons and accommodation for 4 people € 125 per day and 70 half day
- Rental boat with crew the 1 hour € 80 and € 50 hours the following hours
- Rental canoes and bicycles € 25 per day, 15 half day € or 5 € per person per hour
- Schedules for groups:
- By appointment, flexible hours
- € 150 trip: 2 days Juromenha - Alqueva Sleeps: Monsaraz (boat or camping on islands, Hotel option not included) Food: with some meals on the sailboat, other meals in restaurants (not included)